Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Commentary on Harvey's Lake Leasing Land to Gas Drilling Companies

I’m gonna put this in language so crude that even the crass humanly stunted money-grubbing trolls who run gas companies might get it. You know, most Pennsylvanians – and I mean millions of us – are innocent third parties with no contract dollars, jobs to gain, or business benefits from drilling. We have everything to lose, and almost nothing to gain from your activity. Yet, you’re shoving this down our throats – literally!— without once asking our advice or consent. I’d say we’re being treated like the weakest, most limp-wristed con in a federal prison.

But we’re not the wusses you think, and many of us here refuse to bend over and be raped by you.

You know, unlike gas-drilling companies and PA’s politicians, most of us don’t look up to Voldemort from the Harry Potter movies or the Borg from Star Trek as role models. I refuse to be assimilated into your vision of my state of Pennsylvania – a vision I find crass, aesthetically and morally tone deaf, and above all, criminally irresponsible.

Since I’ve become an activist in this cause, I’ve seen parts of my own state I’d never seen…like Harvey’s Lake…and I always marvel at their beauty. These companies, not content to gamble with our air and water, rush to rob us of this beautiful natural heritage. And they’d gladly use eminent domain to force us all into their Borg-like vision. If our legislators understood their true responsibilities, they’d be using eminent domain to seize all properties with drilling contracts, so not one precious acre of our lovely state can ever be raped again.

No comments:

Post a Comment